Recent

Author Topic: Has anyone successfully cross compiled to Raspberry Pi?  (Read 6981 times)

bigDan

• BigDanzBlog
Has anyone successfully cross compiled to Raspberry Pi?
« on: May 30, 2013, 09:03:09 pm »
Gentlemen:

Has anyone successfully cross compiled a lazarus program with the destination being a Raspberry Pi? While I have built the cross compiler using many different methods, the resulting cross compiled test program has a serious issues: none of the text is displayed.

In testing the problem, if I set the font-size to 0, the text will display. If I use any other size besides the default, the text will not display.

In searching the 'net for this problem I can find one other person with the same issue, but no solution is offered:

http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=19794.0

In the included example, on the left you see how my test program looks when compiled ON the RPi. On the right you see what it looks like when compiled on a linux system using the cross compiler.

I have tried every imaginable combination to solve this problem. I have built fpc/laz using the most recent releases (2.6.2/1.0.8). I have tried the latest trunk (2.7.1/1.1) and I have tried the exact same fpc/laz that is running on the RPi (2.6.0/0.9.30.4).

Besides building the cross compiler by hand using the instructions laid out in http://wiki.freepascal.org/Setup_Cross_Compile_For_ARM#How_To_setup_Lazarus.2FFPC_for_arm-linux_cross_compiling I have also built the cross compiler using CodeTyphon.

Again, in every iteration of building the cross compiler the resulting test program does not run properly.

I have tried every combination I can think of in building lazarus itself as well.

I have big chunks of time for nearly 2 weeks trying to get this problem fixed. At this point I'm at my wit's end.

So again I ask, has anyone actually produced a cross compiled program that works on the RPi? If so did you see the problem and did you fix it.

At this point I guess I will be forced to do all RPi development on the RPi itself which I'm not really looking forward to. Just compiling my little test program is rather slow.

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

DanH

avra

• Additional info
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

bigDan

• BigDanzBlog
Re: Has anyone successfully cross compiled to Raspberry Pi?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 08:41:57 am »
That is one of the threads I researched while trying to solve the problem. I am using the arm-linux-pi library that you mentioned (tried others as well including just copying everything off of my running RPi).

Dan

TinyPortal © 2005-2018