Recent

Author Topic: compatible with Delphi  (Read 5138 times)

Rylon

compatible with Delphi
« on: March 22, 2004, 01:19:25 pm »
I want to use lazarus as a free Delphi compiler!!!

But there is a error shown in the source code of my Delphi components   when I try to install them on Lazarus!!!

Can I get a compiler with which I can compile Delphi components and Projects without problems???

Can I use Lazarus???

Thanks for all answers!!

Sorry for my bad English!!!

Rylon t.H.D.

bracara

compatible with Delphi
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 12:09:58 pm »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
But there is a error shown in the source code of my Delphi components   when I try to install them on Lazarus!!!

You don't say what the error is, but the most likely cause is that the component uses units that are present in Delphi but not in Lazarus/fpc.

Which version of Delphi were they designed in? Are you using Lazarus under Windows or another OS? Many components designed for Windows will probably need modifying for other platforms since they will use aspects of that OS which are implemented differently in eg Linux.

Can I get a compiler with which I can compile Delphi components and Projects without problems???

I doubt it - even Delphi doesn't manage that! But if you don't want to use Delphi then freepascal is as good as you'll get.

Can I use Lazarus???

Of course :D - although I have to admit I have just downloaded the Win32 binary dated 20040306 and found it rather less impressive than the Linux version dated 20031109 (built from source). I've not done much with it yet but haven't been able to get TStringgrid to work correctly yet. I am very happy with Lazarus on Linux and even if it isn't so good on  Windows yet, it soon will be, so I think you should persevere with Lazarus, even if you feel that you need to keep on using Delphi for the time being.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018