Recent

Author Topic: database app crashes on 0.9.11->0.9.12  (Read 4402 times)

JanH

database app crashes on 0.9.11->0.9.12
« on: February 23, 2006, 08:38:51 am »
Hello,

I wrote a database app working on a firebird 1.5 database. To access the data I use SQLdb package. The under lazarus 0.9.11 compiled app works fine.
Now I've installed lazarus 0.9.12 additionally and compiled my project then. I was glad to see, that the compiled filesize is smaller than before.
But if I start the app now, a error occurs: >"True" is not a valid integer<.
This error occurs query.Open; ("select * from history order by at descending"). There is no boolean comparsion in the query.
The next error ("False" is not a valid integer) occurs on query "select * from post_data where status>=1 and appointment_0 is not null and (done_0 is null or done_0=0) and appointment_0<='26.02.2006'".

Has anyone an idea what is wrong?

(I'm a windows xp sp2 user)

Greets

RudieD

RE: database app crashes on 0.9.11->0.9.12
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 08:22:30 pm »
Can you maybe try
Code: [Select]

and not(appointment_0 is null)

instead of

and appointment_0 is not null
The FRED Trainer. (Training FRED with Lazarus/FPC)

JanH

Re: RE: database app crashes on 0.9.11->0.9.12
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 07:49:42 am »
I'm still on find out... here some infos:

At first I open the "select * from post_data..." query. In the OnAfterScroll-event I open the second ("select * from history..."; here query2) query. What I do is to set query2.filter with a term containing a value of the first query and set filtered to true. And then the call of query2.open raises the error now. So I tried to start my program without open the second query. It works.

BUT

My program gui contains a pagecontrol with 2 tabsheets. the first shown tabsheet contains only a dbgrid.
If I want to change the visible tabsheet (containing several data access components) the error raises again. But query2 is not opened.

Now I think the error was raised by an data access component, maybe a DBCheckBox. I don't know.

I'll try to find out more...

PS:

Quote from: "RudieD"
Can you maybe try

and not(appointment_0 is null)

instead of

and appointment_0 is not null

This doesn't affect the behaviour. :-(

JanH

RE: Re: RE: database app crashes on 0.9.11->0.9.12
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 08:09:07 am »
I took the DBCechkBoxes off my form. Now my program is working.

I think a change of TDBCheckBox from laz version 0.9.11 to 0.9.12 is the determining factor.
The database fields types for the checkboxes is smallint. Older version seem to to have no problem with this data type.

I also tested the checkboxes in design time. At this time no error occurs.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018