Recent

Author Topic: Ubuntu Phone Unveiled...  (Read 10376 times)

snorkel

Ubuntu Phone Unveiled...
« on: January 04, 2013, 04:42:38 pm »
Apparently uses QT, so I am wondering if at some point we would be able to use Lazarus?

http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/phone
***Snorkel***
If I forget, I always use the latest stable 32bit version of Lazarus and FPC. At the time of this signature that is Laz 3.0RC2 and FPC 3.2.2

Dibo

Re: Ubuntu Phone Unveiled...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 05:05:57 pm »
I watched this review. Looks interesting. For GUI it is using QML

snorkel

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 06:47:08 pm »
***Snorkel***
If I forget, I always use the latest stable 32bit version of Lazarus and FPC. At the time of this signature that is Laz 3.0RC2 and FPC 3.2.2

kevh

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 10:07:57 pm »
I have been looking into this myself. I hope we can some how gain the ability to use QML with lazarus to create native ubuntu phone apps. That would be AWESOME!

BeniBela

• homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 12:22:54 pm »
So the Ubuntu Phone will be on sale next week

Any one has tried to make an app for it?

kris

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 12:18:59 pm »
so far, I have fpc+lazarus in my ubuntu phone running inside a chroot container. The phone itself does not have X support, but you can install fpc and fpc-sources natively, and even use it inside ubuntu phone terminal app.

So, with my lazarus I create GTK apps, not qt, but that is fine, because I can then copy them over into libertine, which is great work, and via XApps scope I can run it inside the phone via xmir. It doesn't get any simpler, you go to the XApps scope, and launch your X apps via their icons.

More:
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,32875.0.html

kris

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 09:48:50 am »
Today I finally got to documenting Free Pascal development for Ubuntu Phone. The first article is about writing console mode applications. Next one will cover GUI development with Lazarus. I am very excited as I also managed to solve the problem with OSK (on-screen keyboard) inside a GTK app running directly on the phone (not via Libertine). Stay tuned.

today's first article available here:
https://kriscode.blogspot.tw/2016/09/freepascal-development-for-ubuntu-phone.html

kris

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 09:58:40 am »
my newest blog post on Lazarus development for Ubuntu Phone!
(...)
Now the absolute mind-blowing part: what is the default, standard, encouraged and promoted way to make apps for Ubuntu Phone? well, it is the Ubuntu SDK off course. Have you seen it maybe? Perhaps tried? well, I have. And let me tell you this about it:

1. IDE is nowhere as good as Lazarus IDE
2. You can't run it (the IDE) ON your Ubuntu Phone
3. Once you've written an app, you can't also compile it for Windows, MacOS and bunch of other operating systems just like that
4. PERIOD.

So that is why Free Pascal and that is why Lazarus. Write once, compile everywhere. Enjoy!
(...)
http://kriscode.blogspot.tw/2016/10/lazarus-development-for-ubuntu-phone.html

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 10:15:23 am »
@Kris

we know you care about the Ubuntu phone and Lazarus, but why so many posts on so many subjects?
better to stick with one! this is a bit over the top.
But you made me order an Ubuntu phone anyway :)
Specialize a type, not a var.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018