Recent

Author Topic: How do I download the STABLE source of Lazarus (1.0 RC1)?(And FPC 2.6.0)  (Read 3377 times)

CephasAtheos

[UPDATE] While googling for this answer, I found a link to (drumroll, please) : The Developer Announcements right here on this site!

I'll add the svn tag to the wiki page for "Getting Lazarus", just so other people who are as dumb and stupid as me don't make total asses of themselves.

I
n the wiki and the documentation, there is a lot of information about how to download the latest development versions of Lazarus and FPC sources.

However, I can't find anything that explains how to download the stable source packages (1.0RC1 and FPC 2.6.0)!

It seems to be taken for granted that the stable version is only available as a binary install.

The parts in the documentation that I've seen as search results only show old versions of stable source downloads, and I don't know enough about svn syntax and the freepascal.org repository labeling system to be able to use the old tags to get the latest version.

I've tried looking for branches (?) called RELEASE_2_6_0 (because many old releases were available as such), but the repo doesn't seem to have that naming scheme any more.

I've also tried browsing the repo via the web interface, and I can't see anything except FIXES_2_6_0, but according to the documentation, that's not a full install.

This goes equally for Lazarus and FPC.

Could someone explain to us noobs how to reliably get access to the stable source, so we can try to fix some problems in the distros that are present at the moment? (See, for example, my posts about missing packages in different downloads of Lazarus binary install 1.0RC1 for why I want to be able to do this).

Thanks for your help and understanding!
-Pete
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 04:12:23 am by CephasAtheos »
Data isn't information. Information isn't knowledge. Knowledge isn't wisdom.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018