Recent

Author Topic: Step in to 3rd party component code.  (Read 2819 times)

taazz

Step in to 3rd party component code.
« on: September 13, 2012, 11:04:33 pm »
Ok, I'm trying really hard to avoid noob questions and here I am again with a noob question.
I don't know why but it seems I'm constantly hitting face first on various walls with lazarus.

the problem is that I am unable with the  debugger to step in to the code of some packages, at first I thought that I have somehow messed up my installation so I tried a number of different builds (except the debug build) of the IDE with no success. Then I uninstalled everything cleaned up my directories and re installed 1.0 and my component packages. everything wend smoothly and I was able to step in to again but today after I installed THTMLViewer, which I downloaded from the code.google.com instead of the one that the lazarus wiki links to, I am unable to step in to any source file of that package.

I'm at a wits  end and I'd appreciate some hints on what to look at except the clean and build think which sends my laptop in oblivion (temperature problems).

I'm using the normal build configuration and all package I have installed I made sure that they are build with debug information. 

Is it necessary to have a debug build of the ide to make sure that I can debug install components?

I'm sorry for any inconvenience I do try (unsuccessfully) to at least keep a balance to help as much I get helped at least :(

Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

TinyPortal © 2005-2018