Recent

Author Topic: Raudus - tool for building web applications - now supports Lazarus  (Read 71653 times)

Phil

Re: Raudus - tool for building web applications - now supports Lazarus
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 05:02:36 pm »
I hope so but I remember that many Delphi components are distributed without the source code. Maybe that will happen also with Lazarus/FPC components.
Well, the author is in this thread. Let's hope he will provide it as well :)
Not many Lazarus components are closed source, only a few to my knowledge (even the commercial ones provide source code sometimes).

I don't believe there are many Delphi components left that are binary-only distributions. Can you name one?

As a general rule, I never create a Pascal program without full source for all components.

Thanks.

-Phil

JD

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 05:29:55 pm »
I hope so but I remember that many Delphi components are distributed without the source code. Maybe that will happen also with Lazarus/FPC components.
Well, the author is in this thread. Let's hope he will provide it as well :)
Not many Lazarus components are closed source, only a few to my knowledge (even the commercial ones provide source code sometimes).

I don't believe there are many Delphi components left that are binary-only distributions. Can you name one?

As a general rule, I never create a Pascal program without full source for all components.

Thanks.

-Phil

Off the cuff look at the freeware version of NextGrid5. It is a binary only distribution. There are others on Torry's Delphi Pages.
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

Phil

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 05:31:43 pm »
Off the cuff look at the freeware version of NextGrid5. There are many others on Torry's Delphi Pages.

Never heard of it.

I'll bet the source _is_ available for a non freeware version though. Not the case for Raudus apparently.

Thanks.

-Phil

JD

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 05:34:50 pm »
Off the cuff look at the freeware version of NextGrid5. There are many others on Torry's Delphi Pages.

Never heard of it.

I'll bet the source _is_ available for a non freeware version though. Not the case for Raudus apparently.

Thanks.

-Phil

NextGrid5   http://www.bergsoft.net/component/next-grid/overview.htm

I used it with Delphi 7 but abandoned it when there were no compiled versions for Delphi 2007 upwards.
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

Phil

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 05:38:38 pm »
NextGrid5   http://www.bergsoft.net/component/next-grid/overview.htm

"Full source and all future updates" when you purchase it, as I suspected.

Thanks.

-Phil

LA.Center

• LA.Center
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 09:00:04 pm »
Guys, the problem with Ext (Sencha) is the licensing, we were trying to use Sencha products but stumbled on licensing issues, when we asked about Raudus license we did not get any answer back. So I am not sure if Raudus is complying to Sencha license.

So it is very unclear, and I would certainly be cautious before investing time and money in Ext (Sencha) related products like ExtPascal and Raudus etc.

http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,12896.msg94252.html#msg94252

Phil

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 09:10:18 pm »
Guys, the problem with Ext (Sencha) is the licensing, we were trying to use Sencha products but stumbled on licensing issues, when we asked about Raudus license we did not get any answer back. So I am not sure if Raudus is complying to Sencha license.

So it is very unclear, and I would certainly be cautious before investing time and money in Ext (Sencha) related products like ExtPascal and Raudus etc.

http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,12896.msg94252.html#msg94252

Ext JS licensing has always been pretty clear:

http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/license/

Thanks.

-Phil

igor.klopov

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 11:02:02 pm »
Raudus does not use Sencha controls anymore. It has it's own front-end control set called "RaVCL" (similar to VCL/LCL). Hence, when Raudus becomes commercial, you will deal with Raudus license only.

teos

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 11:40:44 pm »
Raudus does not use Sencha controls anymore. It has it's own front-end control set called "RaVCL" (similar to VCL/LCL). Hence, when Raudus becomes commercial, you will deal with Raudus license only.

That keeps us all in the dark about when Raudus will become commercial and how about a price?

For me, for looking at Raudus, it makes big difference if I have to pay 25 or 999 dollar/euro for a license, and better ask on forehand so that I don't have the surprise of having to pay big bucks when my first project with Raudus is ready.

Do you have a clue about the costs and on when commercial version will be needed?

LA.Center

• LA.Center
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 12:24:57 am »

so you are saying that http://samples.raudus.com:88/17-ThemeChanger this is not ExtJS? Have a look ate the source which includes extjs

LA.Center

• LA.Center
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 12:31:50 am »

Thanks.

-Phil

Hence the problem, you canot include and distribute it with your binary exe. You have to go open or else pay... and on top of that, if you want to build a developer tool that includes ExtJS you have to pay even more royalty (lots of). Thats why we had no choice and created our JAX tech with XUL.

Hence again my question, Raudus is a developer tool/lib that includes ExtJS, how is it licensed I wonder??? and how are the users supposed to be licensed??? - same problem with ExtPascal.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:34:09 am by plusplus »

Phil

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 01:08:00 am »
Hence the problem, you canot include and distribute it with your binary exe. You have to go open or else pay... and on top of that, if you want to build a developer tool that includes ExtJS you have to pay even more royalty (lots of). Thats why we had no choice and created our JAX tech with XUL.

Hence again my question, Raudus is a developer tool/lib that includes ExtJS, how is it licensed I wonder??? and how are the users supposed to be licensed??? - same problem with ExtPascal.

ExtPascal does not include Ext JS - that's the developer's responsibility.

Thanks.

-Phil

LA.Center

• LA.Center
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 02:19:10 am »
but you cant run/use ExtPascal without ExtJS

Phil

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 02:33:48 am »
but you cant run/use ExtPascal without ExtJS

Thanks.

-Phil

igor.klopov

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 07:19:09 am »
so you are saying that http://samples.raudus.com:88/17-ThemeChanger this is not ExtJS? Have a look ate the source which includes extjs
This is the example created using 0.8.x branch. Now Raudus since 0.9.x has its own brand new controls. Here is the new example: http://samples.raudus.com:88/18-FishFacts

Thats why we had no choice and created our JAX tech with XUL.
As far as i know XUL is available in Mozilla products only. Raudus is entirely cross-browser. All desktop and mobile browsers are supported.

That keeps us all in the dark about when Raudus will become commercial and how about a price?
Do you have a clue about the costs and on when commercial version will be needed?
We are thinking of it now. But the price will not be higher than similar products have. What price and licensing model wil be acceptable to you?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018