Recent

Author Topic: [Solved] PostgreSQL connection and passwords  (Read 2844 times)

dokhebi

• SysAdm, DBA, Programmer, SF/F Fan, Uber Whovian!
    • Ogre Musings
[Solved] PostgreSQL connection and passwords
« on: December 12, 2012, 11:12:48 pm »
I gave up trying to get MySQL to work so I'm using PostgreSQL instead.  I can actually connect using the postgres user because the password is all lower case.  When I log in with a user that has upper case letters and special characters I get an error message with "... password authentication failed for user ..."  I can log into the SQL interpreter (psql) using the password without a problem.  Are the libraries mangling the password before sending it over to the server?  Also, I've using MD5 encryption for the passwords.  My pg_hba.conf looks like this

Code: [Select]
host     all    all   127.0.0.1/32   md5
with lines for other hosts as well.  I can log in to PgAdmin III on the client with this user/password, but not phpPgAdmin.  I *can't* log in with pgpPgAdmin and user postgres.

My versions: Laz 1.0.4 / FPC 2.6.0 / WinXP (client) / CentOS 6.3 (server) / PG 8.4.13
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:49:16 pm by dokhebi »

dokhebi

• SysAdm, DBA, Programmer, SF/F Fan, Uber Whovian!
    • Ogre Musings
Re: PostgreSQL connection and passwords
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 08:23:46 pm »
It really helps to edit your code...   :o  I found my mistake and it wasn't an issue with a mixed case password.  I was passing the user name to the password so of course it failed.   :-[

In the words of Great Detective Conan, "Case Closed!"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:27:16 pm by dokhebi »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018