Recent

Author Topic: Tabbed Document Interface  (Read 16820 times)

Bart

Tabbed Document Interface
« on: January 16, 2006, 02:47:35 pm »
I really would like to see a Tabbed Document Inteface formstyle with TDI-child forms. That is MDI with a tabbed browsing interface, just like the Lazarus IDE uses for code editing, or the Firefox browser.
No editor can do without this these times ...

Bart

PeterX

usually using latest Lazarus release version with Windows 10

V3ct0r

taazz

Re: Tabbed Document Interface
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 01:23:45 am »
I really would like to see a Tabbed Document Inteface formstyle with TDI-child forms. That is MDI with a tabbed browsing interface, just like the Lazarus IDE uses for code editing, or the Firefox browser.

Bart
Ok. I like mdi i find the self contained logic of each mdi child form surprisingly relaxing, tdi on the other is nothing more than a pagecontrol with some frames/forms for each page. what more do you expect from that interface? what functionality do you miss or you want to see automated?

For example a lot of people here use panel that can be moved around at runtime as floating toolbars I find them extremely limited in usability no alt+space to open their right click menu no contained shortcuts and most of all no moving outside the parent form to give more room to the designer below oh and of course the worst of no proper resizing not with the mouse and certainly not with the keyboard.
Sorry I got curried away, but you get the point I hope what are your requirements for that TDI interface?
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

lucamar

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 02:50:30 pm »
What I do, usually, for tabbed interfaces is implement the "inner" tabs as frames That way you keep most of the easiness of UI implementation that forms provide.
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

valdir.marcos

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 01:43:59 pm »
Some extra info:
Tabbed Document Interface (TDI)
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,34142.0.html

TinyPortal © 2005-2018