Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Things went wrong installing a Component  (Read 5145 times)

garlar27

[SOLVED] Things went wrong installing a Component
« on: May 16, 2012, 10:46:45 pm »
Hello!!

I'm using Lazarus 0.9.30 FPC 2.4.4 under Ubuntu 10.04

I was trying to install EpikTimer component. It compiled well so i decided to install it, but when I clicked the Install button at linking time it gave an error: lazarus could not find -lGL or something like that.
Accidentally I exited Lazarus IDE but when trying to run Lazarus again startlazarus complained about missing lazarus.

The lazarus binary is missing and I don't have a back up (lazarus-old is missing too).

I had a problem like this long time before with an older version.

so here comes the question:

How do I rebuild Lazarus without EpikTimer but WITH ALL the components I have installed previously?

I know if I use " make clean all" it will install lazarus like the first time I did it. And this is not what I want .

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:30:53 pm by garlar27 »

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: Things went wrong installing a Component
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 06:57:54 am »
How do I rebuild Lazarus without EpikTimer but WITH ALL the components I have installed previously?
I know if I use " make clean all" it will install lazarus like the first time I did it. And this is not what I want .

Easiest way is to do it in 2 steps:
First "make all" or "make clean all".
Then in the IDE select only the packages you want installed, in Package -> Install/Uninstall Packages. It remembers your old selections.
Then rebuild Lazarus from the IDE. It uses the build profile selected in Tools -> Configure Build Lazarus.

Juha
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

eny

Re: Things went wrong installing a Component
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 12:19:52 pm »
And if that doesn't work:
1. remove the object files that were created during compilation;
2. select to install the package without compiling first.
It's a bug somewhere that installation doesn't always work when the object files are already there.
All posts based on: Win10 (Win64); Lazarus 2.0.10 'stable' (x64) unless specified otherwise...

garlar27

[SOLVED] Re: Things went wrong installing a Component
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 06:30:34 pm »
Thank you!!

I finally could rebuild Lazarus correctly. You where right about remembering previously installed components!!

When trying to rebuild Lazarus I had an error while linking

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL

It looks like somewhere in time I tried to install an OpenGL component and it failed but it never was removed from the component list. And now I had the problem.

I didn't know what was "-lGL". now I know. "-l" is to search for a library, and "GL" is the library name which I don't have installed. and that was the root of my problem.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018