Recent

Author Topic: CAD program written in Lazarus / FPC  (Read 188662 times)

zamtmn

Re: CAD program written in Lazarus / FPC
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2017, 03:01:58 pm »
Hi all!
Start reworking program interface for toolbars support http://imgur.com/a/V2jAK
Since rev 2290 zcad can be compiled only with patched AnchorDocking https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=24703

zamtmn

« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2017, 12:13:41 am »
Hi all!
Finish new interface. New "stable" build 2338 https://sourceforge.net/projects/zcad/files/Windows%20x86/

JanRoza

• http://www.silentwings.nl
« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2017, 12:26:27 am »
Beautiful piece of work!
Any chance of an English version of Userguide.pdf, my Russian is limited to 4 or 5 words?  :D
       Lazarus 3.2 FPC 3.2.2
       CodeTyphon 8.40 FPC 3.3.1

zamtmn

« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2017, 12:41:55 am »
>>Any chance of an English version of Userguide.pdf
One in a million((
Only if it undertakes to do by someone who knows English. I don't know English at the level.
A "complex" commands are very specific to the projects according to Russian norms, it makes no sense to translate them.

But it makes sense to make a version without the Russian specifics, just the basic drawing features. In fact, the basic drawing features of the program is very simple and I think need no explanation

>>my Russian is limited to 4 or 5 words?
Водка, баня, папиросы, девченки ))
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 12:45:27 am by zamtmn »

wp

« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2017, 01:34:03 am »
I just tried the exe, loaded the teapot.dxf, did see it, but when I moved the mouse into the drawing area the drawing goes away and the drawing area is black. When I resize the window or click on some of the main toolbar buttons, the teapot comes back

I'm on Windows 10, no high-end graphics card, just the built-in intel graphic. Any special requirements for the OpenGL?

zamtmn

« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2017, 12:06:22 pm »
>>Any special requirements for the OpenGL?
No, only vendor drivers, not MS default drivers.
Check Render\RD_CurrentWAParam\Vendor in Object inspector with loaded drawings.

With 3D drawings are now present bugs, but not described by you

wp

« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2017, 12:11:24 pm »
Vendor is Microsoft.

zamtmn

« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2017, 12:27:37 pm »
Setup Intel drivers and test.

wp

« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2017, 12:55:50 pm »
No, I was wrong. While your program says it is a Microsoft driver I see in the Control Panel that the driver is by Intel, version 9.17.10.4459, dated May 19, 2016. Hmmh... Maybe it did not make it into Win10 correctly from Win 7? (see below) I tried "Update driver" in the same dialog --> "You already have the latest driver". I'll have to investigate...

[EDIT]
No - Win 10 was introduced in 2015. How time flies by!
There is no newer driver on the Intel site.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 01:12:10 pm by wp »

zamtmn

« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2017, 01:09:26 pm »
You using the driver included in Windows, they support a limited opengl, just for show.
Download from the laptop manufacturer website normal Intel video driver...
Or use GDI render backend (set "Render\Render backend" to "GDI" before create or loading drawing) and 2D drawings
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 01:18:06 pm by zamtmn »

wp

« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2017, 01:15:59 pm »
"GDI" is working. Thank you.

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2017, 07:31:55 pm »
Today, I downloaded ZCAD 0.9 svn 2400. I haven't tested it deeply, but so far I have some suggestions.

1. Clear The "Recent Files" List
Please the attached image.

2. User Guide
Glad to see that it has UserGuide.pdf bundled in the download. Unfortunately it is written in the language that I can't understand. Where can I find the user guide that written in English?

3. Relative Coordinate
In LibreCAD I can do relative coordinate by adding "@" symbol at the beginning of coordinate. How can I do it in ZCAD?

4. Can't Open DXF File
I tried to open one of my project drawn using LibreCAD but I got "invalid integer" error. I provided the file, you can download the dxf file for testing. I also provided the screenshot how it looks like opened using LibreCAD.

zamtmn

« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2017, 09:51:19 pm »
Thanks!
1. Sorry, I often forget to do it. Try Debug\**Utils\Clear file history in menu
2. Such UserGuide has not yet been written((
3. Use polar tracking and enter needed segment length in command line. If I understand correctly what you mean see https://imgur.com/a/euZ3E
4. This is the wrong file. Look dxf specifications - https://www.autodesk.com/techpubs/autocad/acad2000/dxf/dimstyle_dxf_04.htm - in group 340 zcad expect handle (hex value) of textstyle, but librecad write textstyle name. I told them that - http://forum.librecad.org/Wrong-dxf-file-tp5712683.html I can fix it in zcad, but do I need to tune out other mistakes?

zamtmn

« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2017, 10:15:42 pm »
I fix yor file. Note: zcad not support layer freze and support only dimension styles, not dimvar overriders (librecad support only one dim style in dimvar) therefore, to properly display dimensions you need setting dimstyle

Do not take LibreCAD as an ideal, there are a lot of problems. The fact that the file appears there, it means nothing. You need to try in the original AutoCAD program
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:10:09 pm by zamtmn »

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2017, 02:19:13 pm »
Thanks for the answers and the fixes.

I opened the fixed files, they seemed to show correctly. I now know that it is LibreCAD fault that fails to follow the dxf standard strictly. Because you already know how to fix the file issue, will you add this feature to ZCAD? LibreCAD has good amount of users, if ZCAD can open LibreCAD files without issue, you will gain more user base.

Polar tracking is good but it cannot fully solve my problem. It only accepts length and angle of 45 degree increments. I do not know the others, but in architectural drawing we often need to use relative x, y coordinate. For example how can I do relative coordinate for @20,25 using polar tracking?

ZCAD doesn't have pdf export. It is very important, LibreCAD has built-in pdf export. Please consider to add this feature.

I noticed ZCAD does not always show grid if I zoom very far or close. It is very important because I draw things with dimension ranging from several meters to hundreds of meters. It should automatically set the grids 1x, 10x, 100x, ...

Sorry I asked too much. I really hope I can to use ZCAD instead of LibreCAD. I saw ZCAD has some features that makes it better than LibreCAD. For example LibreCAD uses MDI, which makes switching between drawings hard.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018