Recent

Author Topic: I Have a problem with Lazarus on WINXP  (Read 8290 times)

Anonymous

I Have a problem with Lazarus on WINXP
« on: February 19, 2004, 05:55:06 pm »
When i try to run a project, either what im running crashes or both it and lazarus crashes.. i tried to run the project exe from windows and once i click on it, it crashes.. whats the deal and how do i fix it...

also, i tried loading it into free pascal for fun... it didnt work... is it supposed to not work?

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
Re: I Have a problem with Lazarus on WINXP
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 12:33:37 am »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
When i try to run a project, either what im running crashes or both it and lazarus crashes.. i tried to run the project exe from windows and once i click on it, it crashes.. whats the deal and how do i fix it...

You don't mention the version of lazarus you are using. If you are using the binary download of the beginning of January, it contains this bug. It is fixed in the current CVS version

also, i tried loading it into free pascal for fun... it didnt work... is it supposed to not work?

I don't understand what you mean by 'loading it in free pascal'. Could you explain this, please?

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 04:49:01 pm »
I have the latest binary version (0.9.0 beta)
I downloaded the CVS version, but dont know how to build it.. In lazarus it has an option to build it self but when i clicked it nothing happend...

neli

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 05:05:47 pm »
You have downloaded CVS version into a seperate directory?

Then type 'make all' in a command prompt. If make isn't found, add C:\pp\bin\win32 to your PATH.

HTH,

Micha.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 09:11:53 pm »
ok thanks! now, do i just rewrite the old exe with the new one? i tried to start the new one but none of the controls showed up

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 09:16:20 pm »
let me rephraze that... none of the icons for the controls work.. the controls can still be added to forms..

TinyPortal © 2005-2018