Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Book Winter Promotion  (Read 23824 times)

felipemdc

• Administrator
Lazarus Book Winter Promotion
« on: November 15, 2011, 08:19:29 am »
Hello,

There is a new promotion for Lazarus Book buyers. This is a cheaper offer with less things included. Now there is a simplified package which includes:

- Just the book in paperback and a Windows installer CD for Lazarus
 - 50 additional sample projects
 - extra: additional preïnstalled component suites

The price of this simple Package is € 35,00 + Shipping (€17.50)

For more information please see this link and/or contact the editor of the Blaise Pascal magazine:

http://www.blaisepascal.eu/index.php?actie=./subscribers/subscription_mainpageUKBookDepartment

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

becker

Re: Lazarus Book Winter Promotion
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 12:35:57 pm »
Hey Felipe,

I bought "one year subscription (or renewal) for all 2011 magazine issues - downloadable version (PDF) € 35.00" opened paypal to pay, make payment but have not received an email with User and password in order to download ... office@blaisepascal.eu emailed and got no response. Could you help me?

Regards,

Vagner Felipe Becker

becker

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 01:24:09 pm »
Subject solved ..

hpardo

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 02:59:11 am »
Dear Felipe; which one handbook would you suggest for me to learn to use Lazarus. I have long experience in "old" Pascal... For Windows 3.1... But nothing at all on "objects". I tried to find out books by myself, but I'm afraid that I would miss the right one. ¿Would you suggest a good beginner book for me, please?

typo

neal1047

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 11:15:11 am »
Greetings!!

Just received my copy a couple of days ago. It took about 2 weeks to get to the states so American buyers have patience. I'm very excited to get started with it!!

There is a LOT of content here and pages are not wasted with simple forms and graphics like so many tech books have these days - IOW no extra or wasted whitespace. At first look, it appears that one of the main objectives is to clarify the differences between Lazarus and Delphi. But there seems to be a nice balance between rudimentary (beginners) code and the intermediate material. Since this is the first book on Lazarus, the more advanced Delphi user may be a bit frustrated with the "This is a list box control" portions of the book, but it looks to me like anyone with some programming experience could read and study from the book and do well, even with no Delphi experience. And the CD that comes with the book is full of examples and code, too. And I'm also glad to have it as a guide to port Delphi code and components.

I started with Lazarus many years ago when it was still young, but I was pulled away from programming in general so I have to play catch-up. I'm very impressed with what the team has accomplished! Since I have little use for the new Embarcadero Delphi, I'm staying with D7 but will begin focusing on Lazarus now. I have to be able to produce applications for Linux, and Kylix 3 is just too much frustration (and 10 years old).

So anyway, it's a thumbs up for the new book and I would recommend it - if nothing else than to throw a few $$ at the folks that have really created a masterpiece (or work in progress). :)

dibyajyoti

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 07:47:09 pm »
The price of this simple Package is € 35,00 + Shipping (€17.50)

It's a big amount for us better to say me as I am living in India.

Is there any low priced edition are coming?

I desperately need this book.

anyway thanks for your efforts.

Wodzu

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 01:01:47 pm »
€17.50 for shipment is a bit high price :(

IPguy

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 02:50:05 am »
I received my copy of the book (paperback, english version) a few weeks ago.  It took less than 5 days from Europe to the middle of the States.  It is a heavy book and that, plus the prompt delivery, drives the shipping price up.

I'm still plowing though the book (just starting chapter 6 now), but I'm getting all sorts of tidbits from it.  The subject matter targets application programmers and occasionally the Lazarus IDE developer class programmer.  It is nice to be pushed beyond my comfort zone occasionally.  Authors - thank you.

egkikas

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 02:34:51 pm »
Hallo Felipe,
I am  a new community member.
I have found Lazarus ide very interesting and decided to abandon visual basic in favor of it.
Having no prior knowledge of the pascal language I decided to order “Lazarus, the complete guide”, simple pack,  from http://www.blaisepascal.eu/index.php?actie=./subscribers/subscription_mainpageUKBookDepartment.
I followed the procedure, that is in 19/01/2012, I opened paypal to pay, made the  payment and I received an email from paypal confirming the transaction ( Receipt No).
But I never received a confirming email from BLAISE PASCAL MAGAZINE, nor a response to the email I send to office@blaisepascal.eu.
This is the first time l am sending an electronic order,  so I do no have any prior experience.
Did I do something wrong?

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 03:02:53 pm »
Hello,

I asked the editor to contact you via e-mail.

IPguy

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 03:24:18 pm »
egkikas,
When I ordered the book, I also did not receive any emails about my order.  I did email the publisher and did get a response from them.  As it turns out, the book arrived the next day. 

As I recall, the book arrived from Europe to the middle of the US in about 5 days, which I thought was a very reasonable delivery time. 

I do agree I would have been more comfortable with an email confirming my order and containing an expected delivery date.

egkikas

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 05:39:00 pm »
Felipemdc and Ipguy,

thank you for the immediate response.

I received a conformation email from the editor.

To clarify why I turned to the forum is that this is my first time using my prepaid visa card and I had the suspicion that I did something wrong during the procedure of ordering.

From now on I hope I can bother you only for matters concerning programming with Lazarus :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018