Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 1.0.0 questions  (Read 14371 times)

Anonymous

Lazarus 1.0.0 questions
« on: October 22, 2005, 10:57:03 pm »
Hi!

I have some questions about Lazarus R1.

You(the developers) will integrate the main components into the installer? Main components (i think): ZeosDBO, UIB, GLScene, LazDoc, Printers. This packages are very important and there are many "trouble" when the users try to install them.

For example: under Linux, the Interbase and/or Firefox components not work. The Lazarus dies with 211 Error code, and I don't know why.

To install GlScene under Lazarus is a hard work. ;)

Anyway, the Lazarus is the BEST RAD under Linux and Windows!

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
RE: Lazarus 1.0.0 questions
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 11:18:35 pm »
IMHO only printers is a component I would like to have installed in a standard installation. The others are pure overhead, increasing load time.

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 01:33:45 am »
About error 211 after installing Interbase or Firefox, please check the FAQ on the wiki:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Lazarus_Faq#Lazarus_crashes_with_runtime_error_211_after_I_installed_a_component

About GLScene .... it was quite easy for me ... but I haven't used it seriously (yet)...

OnixJr

• http://www.brlazarus.kit.net
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 04:43:15 am »
Is possible to create other project of lazarus (in version 1.0.0), (one "alternative project") with the goal of Distribution of Lazarus binaries with packages (ZeosDBO, UIB, GLScene and others) installed yet...
Portal Lazarus Brasil - http://lazaruspascal.codigolivre.org.br/portal.php
Lazarus BOOK (in portuguese) - http://lazarus-book.blogspot.com
<hipernetjr@yahoo.com.br> - Curitiba/Brazil

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 12:29:24 pm »
I think is a good solution to make 2 distribution of Lazarus 1.0:
1. Full (with all stable packages (ZeosDBO, UIB, GLScene and others) installed ) - for begginer users to see capabilityes of Lazarus.
2. Minimum - for advanced users, only with basic packages.

mikiwoz

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 08:41:21 pm »
or, maybe, give the user the choice upon installation? unless the sizes would be *really* different

Cheers
Mike

bee

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 02:29:17 pm »
Adding choice of component to be installed during installation is a very nice feature. Somehow we (developers) need to learn/understand point of view of newbie/beginner users. Usually they demand ease over speed. ;)

Other suggestions for Lazarus v.1.0 final from me are:
1. Add another option to include cross compiler tools, so developers can cross compile to any platforms right from the IDE in an easy way. (Like what Morfik has been doing very nicely). :)
2. Add another option to include other widgetset units, just like the previous suggestions, this would ease developers to switch to any available/supported widgetsets within same or in different OSes.
3. Make sure 3 main common widgetsets (wingdi, gtk2, and qt4) are completely done and working fully compatible one over the others. A complete working carbon/cocoa widgetset for MacOS would be a great bonus for Lazarus v.1.0. ;)
4. Basic features for mobile platform development is integrated very well with the IDE. This has something to do with first suggestion above. Hopefully winCE and symbian support will be available on Lazarus v.1.0. ;)

I do really hope that fpGUI would be done and completely working before Lazarus v.1.0 is released so it can be used as default widgetset for Lazarus v.1.0 on any platforms. :D

Any other ideas? ;)
-Bee-

A long time pascal lover.

tatamata

• ZMSQL - SQL enhanced in-memory database
Lazarus 1.0.0 questions
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 01:19:15 pm »
I completely agree with beforementioned ZeosLib to be included in the distribution. Lazreport too...

osvaldo-tcf

Lazarus 1.0.0 questions
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 08:12:32 pm »
Why is Delphi "VIP" in Brazil?

1 - Dataset
2 - QuickReport
3 - Simple components for simple tasks, play a small sound for warning users, for exemple

The new user knowledge is very quickly, easy and divertingly

tatamata

• ZMSQL - SQL enhanced in-memory database
Lazarus 1.0.0 questions
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 02:24:47 pm »
QuickReport? You mean LazReport?

osvaldo-tcf

Lazarus 1.0.0 questions
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 06:36:21 pm »
I refer to Borland Delphi and your popularity in Brazil market.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018