Recent

Author Topic: unpleasant dependencies when renaming a unit inside a project  (Read 3214 times)

picstart

The issue concerns changing the name of a unit that is called from another unit.
I expected that changing the  name of the referenced unit in the main unit and Changing the name inside the to be renamed units *.pas files  renaming the old unit's *.pas to the new name  externally would suffice. However there are unpleasant dependencies within I suspect a lib folder or a backup folder.  I had to sweep them away to avoid the dependencies. This is similar to the need to always do a clean install when updating lazarus to avoid unpleasant dependencies. Is there a definition of these dependencies like a unit is married to lib or some file within lib? What is the best way to delete a project? Rename a project? What dependencies will be left if the folder that contains the project is deleted? I tend to want a unit project and package to be as self a contained thing as possible but an explanation of what depends on what is the next best thing. Package dependencies are another issue. Code can depend on an installed in the IDE unit or a new versioned copy of the unit not yet installed or maybe something from somewhere else.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018