Recent

Author Topic: A new project - I'm unsure what components I'd be using though?  (Read 3578 times)

Gizmo

Hi

Having tried a few little programming projects, I want to move onto my next one, but there's a variety of componenets that it will need but the trouble is I don't know what the terminologies for them would be, so I can't do a search. It's like a fellow forum user said to me recently about programming - "Just because I can use a hammer and saw does not mean I can build a house". In other words, I'm learning the basics of coding, but I think this project goes a bit beyond that and I'm a bit unsure.

Bascially, I want to create an app that would replace a hand written notebook and I suppose it would work quite like an MS Access database. Once launched, the program would either open a "case" or "Create a New Case" for the user. For each case, the user would have several unique sets of information regulated by a primary key for each set of information. These sets would comprise a variety of fields (labels and edit fields, text boxes etc). When these fields have been completed by the user, he would click save, and the entries in all of the fields would be saved for the unique identifier as part of the larger overall "Saved Case". At any given time, he would be able to see all the sets of information, sorted by some kind of unique identifier, for his case.

I'm after some tips as to what I'd use to do this? Any general guidance? The reason I can't use an MS Access database is because I'd want to have one field to allow the pasting of screenshots and I'd also want to perform check sum values to maintain the inetgrity of the data inputted. Both of which are, I think, beyond a simple MS Access DBase.

Ted

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: A new project - I'm unsure what components I'd be using though?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 08:23:13 pm »
DBAware components + TSqlite3Dataset + your creativity would do it

TinyPortal © 2005-2018