Recent

Author Topic: LayOutManager  (Read 5299 times)

Carver413

LayOutManager
« on: March 07, 2011, 09:04:28 am »
Hi
I am working on a LayOutManager. what this does is slice up the screen space into virtual zones. when forms are added to these zones it is the job of LayOutManager to maintain the order of these forms. when you click on a form in back it will move to the bottom and push the other forms up. this for the most part it works as it should but sometimes it misfires and messes things up a bit. I believe the biggest problem is that changes to these forms are generating messages that aren't getting updated while the shuffling is being done. when the messages are processed the order is not always maintained and causes un predictable results. also the form in the lower right did not update its controls properly as you can see it looks a bit messed up. I did not have this problem with delphi things worked as expected. any Ideas would be helpful. also I would like to find a way to trap the maximizing event so I can force the form to resize its self to its given zone and not the whole screen   
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17721962/Screenshot.png

fabienwang

• Lazarus is the best
    • My blog
Re: LayOutManager
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 10:25:09 am »
Nice. This could be a nice component :P
I hope to be able to test it soon ;)
Good luck
I'm using Arch Linux.
Known for: CPickSniff, OpenGrabby
Contributed to: LazPaint

denver

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 06:12:18 pm »
I also have an ideal of layout manager. It will dynamic creation of Edit object i.e.  TDate, TMaskEdit.
Once the form is created, it can also create SQL statement for Insert / Update.

The form is defined by external file, so you can modify the form without recompile the application.
The attachment is showing my ideal.

Carver413

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 04:02:10 pm »
Denver I was unable to compile you program it seems I am missing dynlayout.lrs
anyway my layout manager is only intended to manage forms. sort of an alternative to docking only better. I am how ever working on a special set of classes that would be more like what your describing. the CarverBase is a special set of linked list classes that have scripting built into them. with it you can do as you have suggested, build a form from a script. but it goes way beyond that. The Idea is that you can build intelligent scriptable objects that can import data as well as export. they can have there own special commands that are specific to the object. you can run scripts on these objects even embed these scripts  into your data files. but this is only the beginning because we are dealing with linked lists we can connect them together so they can share data. or they could be working independently.  one could play slave to the other. there is no limit to the possible ways that these objects could be used. a good example of this would be blender 2.6 most all of its functionality is bound together through scripts. they use python to do this but the Idea is the same.         

TinyPortal © 2005-2018