Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Season of Code Progress  (Read 25710 times)

felipemdc

• Administrator
Lazarus Season of Code Progress
« on: December 01, 2010, 03:14:18 pm »
Hello everyone,

I would like to provide a status update on the Lazarus Season of Code project which was announced some months earlier. http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Season_of_Code

After my initial announcement I was contacted by JiXian Yang, a competent developer from China, and I decided to hire him to execute Lazarus Season of Code tasks. If other developers are interested in participating in the project, please drop be an e-mail explaining your programming experience and which of our proposed tasks you are interested in developing for approximately 100 euros and I will consider it.

At this point I would like to thank everyone who donated to the Lazarus Donations fund, which makes this work possible =)

For the first run I selected a couple of things to invest in which are priority. After any of these tasks is finished, I will then open other tasks from the list.

1> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Season_of_Code/Task_7 Involves fixing database bugs. I consider it priority because lot's of Pascal developers work with databases =)

2> Financing sending a MIPS hardware from Brazil to Europe to help development of a MIPS port. Should be finished around 30th January.

3> This tasks is basically helping me in the development of the Android port of Lazarus (It's too much for me to do it alone). I consider it priority because it will open a large market which is otherwise inaccessible for Pascal developers and it will increase the value of Pascal source code if it can be ported to Android. More details here:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Android_Interface#Roadmap

So that's it!

bye,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Edited by Vincent Snijders to fix typos.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 04:15:21 pm by Vincent Snijders »

typo

Re: Lazarus Season of Code Progress
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 03:37:34 pm »
I have put a link to the wiki page on LazarusBrasil.Org site, http://www.lazarusbrasil.org/

BlueIcaro

• Blog personal
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 04:16:11 pm »
Felipe, you wrote in Lazarus Season of Code:
Create and integrate internet package database as server web pages and as tool for direct access and management from IDE.

Can you explain a little more this issue?. Are talking about create a web DataBase, with resources as controls for Lazarus?, and this can be access from the IDE?.

/BlueIcaro

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 04:47:34 pm »
Felipe, you wrote in Lazarus Season of Code:
Create and integrate internet package database as server web pages and as tool for direct access and management from IDE.

I didn't write that, you can check the history of this wiki page. The issues with ? marked on the price mean that there is currently no budget assigned to them. They are mostly tasks posted by users and then I haven't yet decided if we should fund the task or scrap it.

It would be better to contact the author of the idea for clarification.

BlueIcaro

• Blog personal
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 07:40:32 pm »
I'm sorry for the mistake  :-[

/BlueIcaro

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 01:13:56 am »
Felipe, has anyone taken no. 4? Seems like that's the best part I can contribute to.

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 04:33:57 pm »
Please contact me via e-mail.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 05:07:54 pm »
Err... your email is hidden...

brudjuz

• Open eXPerience Project
Drag'n'Drop database fields form generation
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 01:58:09 pm »
Is there a way to put in a task list (of Lazarus Season of Code Progress) Drag'n'Drop option that will generate appropriate form controls from a database fields in Data Module ?

As it mention before in this subject, "fixing database bugs, consider priority, because lot's of Pascal developers work with databases".

This would be additional feature, but very important missing RAD element of Lazarus Project.
(exDelphi developers, as I am, use this option very often).

I hope that with this option, database developing circle would be finished...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 02:05:01 pm by brudjuz »
Poor is the man, whose pleasures depend on the permission of another...

jixian.yang

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 05:46:16 pm »
The option draging tables' field to yield database visual componet is very useful.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018