Recent

Author Topic: crash or form doesn´t show  (Read 14439 times)

anarco

crash or form doesn´t show
« on: January 26, 2004, 12:21:43 pm »
Hi,

I am not sure if this is a problem of the latest lazarus binary
or a general one ;)
however I installed it, had to set the source path manually cause currently there is no access to the cvs (and the mirrors don´t have the newest snapshots :( )

When compiling a simple form with a button on it the form closes as soon as the compilation was successful.

If this doesn´t happen lazarus simply closes without a message.

And if that also doesn´t happen. The compilation of the form seems to
work but the mouse slows down and attempting to do anything with the compiled form ends in a lockup :-/

anarco

p.s. forum accounts don´t get mailed ?

anarco

ok...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 12:35:25 pm »
the project gets indeed compiled...
I just have to manually start it from the temp dir

3,5 Meg for a form with a button on it ... hmmm

anarco

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 10:50:28 am »
hmm I´m probably too stupid for this
when trying to CVS update it shows conficts an almost all files

besides for those who don´t know a f*ck about cvs like me:

When using Tortoise it installs in the explorer. So you gotta do a "CVS local update " on your lazarus path (C:\lazarus) to get the latest snapshot I assume. However when getting the update with all the conflicts the "make" fails with a ton of errors *sniff*

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 01:11:52 pm »
forum accounts don´t get mailed ?

if you want to be notified, if there is a reply on ypur topic, you need to log in when you post and check the appropiate checkbox.

when trying to CVS update it shows conficts an almost all files

If you are getting a conflict on a cvs update, you probably best can  remove the conflicted file and update again.

When compiling a simple form with a button on it the form closes as soon as the compilation was successful.

If this doesn´t happen lazarus simply closes without a message.

And if that also doesn´t happen. The compilation of the form seems to
work but the mouse slows down and attempting to do anything with the compiled form ends in a lockup :-/

Probably most of these problems are solved in the latest cvs version. Unfortunately new problems have been added. :-( (Can't type in editor).

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 01:39:03 pm »
>if you want to be notified, if there is a reply on ypur topic, you need to >log in when you post and check the appropiate checkbox.  

uh yes I just didn´t get the password for my profile so I can´t set that checkbox ;-)

>If you are getting a conflict on a cvs update, you probably best can >remove the conflicted file and update again.

hmm yes if I could just compile the latest cvs ... but I can´t ...
I don´t wanna rule out that the problem just sits in front of my monitor *g* but I tried 3 different ways to get the latest cvs running but all I get are a ton of error messages

hmm

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 01:55:36 pm »
uh yes I just didn´t get the password for my profile so I can´t set that checkbox

If you still haven't got your password, see http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=29
The email-adres can be found at http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=mhess

hmm yes if I could just compile the latest cvs ... but I can´t ...
I don´t wanna rule out that the problem just sits in front of my monitor *g* but I tried 3 different ways to get the latest cvs running but all I get are a ton of error messages

Let us assume the problem is NOT in front of the monitor.  Where did you get the compiler?

anarco

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 03:46:14 pm »
wait ... the problem IS in front of my monitor ;)

- I installed the binary from sourceforge
- I got the cvs updates

I actually thought I can compile it with these updates within lazarus. But correct is to get the source, put the cvs updates into it and compile it then - right ?

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 04:04:57 pm »
Assuming you got the lazarus-0.9b_20040102-win32_binary.exe from sourceforge, it is meant as a quick and dirty installer (and a good one, because it gives you the corresponding fpc 1.0.11 compiler and sources for win32).

If you want to update lazarus from cvs, have to do a checkout of the source first. That means you have to get a (fresh) copy from the cvs server.  See "Source from CVS" how you can do that. I don't recommend you put these sources in the same directory as the ones from the sourceforge binary (You could delete them before getting your cvs copy).  

After that you can enter the lazarus directory and type
make
After a few minutes, you have a up to date lazarus executable with fresh bug ;-).
Be source to set the fpc source directory in the environment options to c:\pp\source (or whereever are your fpc sources).

anarco

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 05:29:16 pm »
ok I wasn´t that dumb then... the "make" just fails:

MAKE Version 5.2  Copyright (c) 1987, 1998 Inprise Corp.
[...]
Error makefile 2295: Command syntax error
Error makefile 2314: Command syntax error
Error makefile 2315: Command syntax error
Error makefile 2316: Command syntax error
Error makefile 2317: Command syntax error
*** 1053 errors during make ***

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2004, 05:44:55 pm »
You are using the wrong make. You should use the make installed by fpc, but your are using Delphi's make. Edit your path variable in such a way, that c:\pp\bin\win32 (or whatever your FPC path is), comes before the path to Delphi's make.

HTH,
Vincent.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 08:07:34 am »
hehe I wondered already why lazarus would use the borland make ;-)
now it worked ... lot of improvement just the blocked source editor is annoying *g*

TinyPortal © 2005-2018