Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus refuses to compile my project.  (Read 3881 times)

99Percent

Lazarus refuses to compile my project.
« on: September 19, 2010, 05:46:49 am »
For some strange reason Lazarus now refuses to compile my project. I click the green arrow and nothing happens, I try Run>Build, Run>Build All and nothing happens, no error, no hanging, no messages in the message box, nothing.

I go to Project Options and I see that there are no Auto-create forms there, I add the main form and another auto-create form, and hit Ok, but still nothing, I go back and see that it still has no auto-create forms, despite my just explicit addition of them.

If I load another (smaller) project it compiles and runs fine.

What could be wrong? It was working fine this morning. It does have a lot of forms and units in it (like 21), and I added more this morning is there a limit?

Lazarus version 0.9.29 SVN 26610
FPC 2.4.3
Windows XP

felipemdc

• Administrator
Re: Lazarus refuses to compile my project.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 06:45:39 am »
No, there is no maximum amount of units.

Try:

1> Edit your LPI file with a text editor and check if the main unit information is added. Compare with the LPI from a new project

or

2> Try updating your Lazarus

99Percent

Re: Lazarus refuses to compile my project.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 06:54:20 pm »
Thanks.

I compared the lpi file to one that works correctly I saw that the following line was missing:
Code: [Select]
     <MainUnit Value="0"/>I added the line and now it works. How that got deleted is a complete mystery, since I am not in the habit of editing lpi files directly.

Looking at the lpi file I noticed that it references components I had removed from the IDE, components the IDE insisted I reinstall everytime I opened a form to edit, despite having eliminated all the referred components in my project. I also removed the following from the lpi file:
Code: [Select]
     <Item4>
        <PackageName Value="fshcomp"/>
        <MinVersion Major="2" Minor="3" Release="1" Build="1" Valid="True"/>
      </Item4>

And Lazarus stopped bugging me everytime I opened a form of the application to edit. I will report the bug.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 06:56:00 pm by 99Percent »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018